From its establishment, the Peace Center for the Blind has worked to address an urgent need in Palestinian society for services to assist visually impaired women in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
- Educational Program based on Palestinian national curriculum standards including English, Arabic and Braille
- Vocational Training in sewing, hand and machine knitting, sewing and loom weaving, assembling brooms and wooden stools, gardening, etc.
- Home with a respectful and loving environment where the Peace Center family can live together, share house responsibilities, and learn practical skills in mobility, self care, personal hygiene and health
- Garden located in the area functions as both a supplemental source of food for the boarding house as well as an opportunity for residents to gain hands-on experience.
- Healthcare Program that ensures the physical and emotional well-being of the beneficiaries, including doctor visits and hospitalization, medication, and counseling
- Extra curricular Activities including outdoor games, theater and music, occasional outings to historical sites, nature parks
- Transportation Assistance including the acquisition of Israeli entry permits for students and trainees from the West Bank, along with a permit for at least one family member to visit them and travel with them to and from the Center